Impact Marketing + Communications (www.impactmarketing.com) is a consulting firm offering integrated marketing communications strategy, writing, editing, web, and design services. We are a team of experienced professionals privileged to work with organizations that are changing this world for the better, and we are proud to play a part in telling their story. We’re a small but busy staff. Our clients range from the Federal government to nonprofits to commercial entities. Much of our current work involves supporting the delivery of HIV care and treatment to marginalized populations throughout the United States and its territories, as well as other public health and social cause-related efforts. One of the great things about our firm is that we are always growing and taking on new clients and the repertoire of issues we support is ever-changing.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time Communications Associate for immediate hire. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience level, and overall compensation includes medical benefits.
Summary of Communications Associate Position:
The Communications Associate’s duties include support to client accounts, administrative tasks, and assisting with development and/or support of formative research, research synthesis, strategy, execution, evaluation, promotional and dissemination activities, social media marketing, and writing/editing of various client deliverables.
- Assisting with client accounts and assignments including coordinating meetings, taking notes, cross checking edits made to client deliverables and web sites, facilitating translations and coordinating tasks using project management software (e.g., Asana).
- Researching topics of interest to clients and their constituents and working with account leads to use research findings to guide development of strategies and/or content.
- Supporting the conceptualizing and writing of evidence-informed intervention guides, case studies, fact sheets and other project deliverables.
- Assisting with writing copy of appropriate format, style, and tone for a wide range of products, including but not limited to newsletters, updates and listservs, Websites, feature articles, fact sheets, Webinar presentations, blog posts, press releases, promotional materials, and technical health communication products while ensuring appropriate style guides and plain language standards are adhered to and readability tests are completed, as needed.
- Supporting social media strategy development and execution, curating and creating relevant and engaging content, and working with account leads to manage editorial calendars.
- Supporting company business development and marketing efforts, to include proposal development, writing of portfolio examples for company website and other outreach efforts.
- Aiding project dissemination strategy and associated promotional activities to support dissemination efforts and materials uptake.
- Liaising with design and web team on assignments and conducting quality assurance checks.
- Other writing duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., English, Journalism, Communications, Public Health, Social Work)
- 2+ years of experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience in health marketing and communications and plain language (experience in HIV a plus)
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and clients while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to apply principles of cultural competency
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex, often technically specific content and effectively synthesize and translate it for a variety of target audiences
- High degree of professionalism and attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter with a desire to be a team player within a small, dynamic team and to work independently both in office and telework environments
- Keen interest in acquiring knowledge related to clients’ missions
- Understanding of various social media platforms, analytics, and algorithms
- Ability to problem-solve
- Advanced understanding and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in digital marketing a plus
- Experience collaborating with creative staff to produce relevant and engaging content and materials a plus
- Experience working on Federal government contracts or grants a plus
- Experience working with members of the LGBTQ community and communities of color a plus
- Experience using production management software such as Asana a plus
Place of Performance
Impact Marketing + Communications has offices in Silver Spring, MD and in Albany, NY. This position may be based in either location with 3 days telework. Currently, however, this is a remote position given COVID-19. For the right candidate, we may consider a fully remote position.
Candidates should email a resume, a one-page cover letter, and two writing samples less than 5 double-spaced pages in length to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Associate application.” Please also state where you found this job posting in your cover letter. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all job applications; however, if we are interested in your application, we will follow up with you via email. No phone calls please.