Impact Marketing + Communications (www.impactmarketing.com) is a consulting firm offering integrated marketing communications strategy, writing, editing, web, and design services. We are a team of experienced professionals privileged to work with organizations that are changing this world for the better, and we are proud to play a part in telling their story.
We’re a small but busy staff. Our clients range from the Federal government to nonprofits to commercial entities. Much of our current work involves supporting the delivery of HIV care and treatment to marginalized populations throughout the United States and its territories, as well as other public health and social cause-related efforts. One of the great things about our firm is that we are always growing and taking on new clients and, thus, the repertoire of issues we support is ever-changing.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time Communications Specialist for immediate hire. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience level, and overall compensation includes medical benefits.
Summary of Communications Specialist Position:
The Communications Specialist’s duties include writing, editing, formative research, research synthesis, promotional and dissemination activities.
- Researching topics of interest to clients and their constituents, including interviewing subject matter experts in a variety of fields and using research findings to guide development of strategies and/or content.
- Writing evidence-informed intervention guides and case studies on client research projects.
- Writing copy of appropriate format, style, and tone for a wide range of products, including but not limited to newsletters, updates and listservs, Websites, feature articles, fact sheets, Webinar presentations, blog posts, press releases, promotional materials, and technical health communication products.
- Thorough editing and proofreading of internal and client deliverables.
- Proactively identifying ways to repurpose as well as market content.
- Supporting company business development efforts, to include proposal development.
- Juggling multiple assignments and clients while still meeting deadlines.
- Contribute to dissemination strategy and associated promotional activities to support dissemination efforts and materials uptake.
- Liaising with design and web team on assignments.
- Other writing duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., English, Journalism, Communications, Public Health). Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years of writing experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Health marketing and communications background
- Plain language writing background
- Ability to apply principles of cultural competency
- Technical writing, editing, research, interviewing, time management and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex, often technically specific content and effectively synthesize and translate it for a variety of target audiences.
- High degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage several assignments simultaneously and to adhere to internal and external deadlines.
- Proactive self-starter with a desire to be a team player within a dynamic team and to work independently both in office and telework environments.
- Keen interest in acquiring knowledge related to clients’ missions.
- Advanced understanding and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and communications principles, theories, and models.
- Experience collaborating with creative staff to produce relevant and engaging content and materials.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent client relations skills.
- Experience in consulting, a plus.
- Experience working on Federal government contracts or grants.
- Experience working on U.S. Department of Health (HHS) projects a plus.
- Experience working with members of the LGBTQ community and communities of color a plus.
- Research and materials dissemination experience a plus.
- Experience using production management software. Familiarity with Asana a plus.
Place of Performance
- Impact Marketing + Communications has offices in Silver Spring, MD and in Albany, NY. This position may be based in either location with 3 days telework. Currently, however, this is a remote position given COVID-19. For the right candidate, we may consider a fully remote position.
Candidates should email a resume, a one-page cover letter, and two writing samples less than 5 double-spaced pages in length to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Specialist application.” Please also state where you found this job posting in your cover letter. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all job applications; however, if we are interested in your application, we will follow up with you via email. No phone calls please.