Impact Marketing + Communications (www.impactmarketing.com) is a Maryland-based consulting firm offering integrated marketing and communications strategy, writing, editing, design, web, social media, and photo/video services. We are a team of experienced professionals privileged to work with organizations that are changing this world for the better, and we are proud to play a part in telling their story.
We’re a small but busy staff. Our clients range from the Federal government to nonprofits. Much of our current work involves supporting public health clients, including those focused on the delivery of HIV care and treatment to marginalized populations throughout the United States and its territories as well as other social cause-related efforts. One of the great things about our firm is that we are always growing and taking on new clients and, thus, the repertoire of issues we support is ever-changing.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time Graphic Designer for immediate hire. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience level, and overall compensation includes medical benefits.
Summary of Graphic Designer
The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in advancing both the organization and client branding, and has experience executing design projects from conception to completion that meet client or company marketing objectives. Our preferred candidate would possess knowledge of and experience using social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn), Web-based platforms, and other marketing tools for business purposes. Experience creating marketing and communications products using the Adobe Creative Suite is required.
Graphic Design duties
- Graphic design skills including highly proficient experience using Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to design and adapt graphics of appropriate format and style for a wide range of products, including but not limited to the following digital and print publications: Websites, blogs, social media channels, Webinar and conference PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, manuals, curricula, fact sheets, brochures, annual reports, business cards, folders, logos, and other branding material
- Design website wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and coordinate with programmers for web launch.
- Help support updates of company website using content management system.
- Support client relationships and communications regarding brand development and design deliverables, striving to exceed client expectations and proactively addressing any challenges or problems
- Ability to create infographics and creatively utilize typography within designs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of creative trends and design styles.
- Support digital marketing efforts.
- Develop social media banners and social media ads.
- Interactive, web, and video application knowledge (WordPress, HTML 5, CSS3) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g., Graphic Design, Art, Marketing, Computer Science)
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Expert knowledge of and experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong HTML skills (including browser compatibility knowledge) preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Web, social media, and video applications
- Exceptional creativity and adaptability in concept development and graphic design and layout
- Capacity to manage several assignments simultaneously and to adhere to internal and external deadlines
- Ability to adhere to various client style guides
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism from colleagues and clients in professional manner
- Desire to be a highly proactive team player and to work with a small, dynamic team
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; exhibits professional demeanor when interfacing with clients
- Resourcefulness; ability to troubleshoot and address challenges proactively and independently.
- Trustworthy team player who works well independently and has entrepreneurial spirit.
Place of Performance:
- The graphic designer will work out of Impact Marketing + Communications’ downtown Silver Spring, MD office. (Office is accessible by DC Metro and has car parking.)
- Currently, this position will be remote due to COVID-19.
- Position includes a blend of both on-site work and telework.
- Candidates should email a resume, one-page cover letter, and link to their portfolio (or attach relevant design samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line should say “Graphic Designer”
- Resume and cover letter should speak directly to qualifications outlined in this job ad.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all job applications; however, if we are interested in your application, we will follow up with you via email. No phone calls please.