Impact Marketing + Communications (www.impactmarketing.com) is a consulting firm offering integrated marketing communications strategy, writing, editing, design, web, and video services. We are a team of experienced professionals privileged to work with organizations that are changing this world for the better, and we are proud to play a part in telling their story.
We’re a small but busy staff. Our clients range from the Federal government to nonprofits to commercial entities. Much of our current work involves supporting healthcare delivery, including HIV care and treatment to marginalized populations throughout the United States and its territories, as well as other social cause-related efforts. One of the great things about our firm is that we are always growing and taking on new clients and, thus, the repertoire of issues we support is ever-changing.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time Technical Writing & Production Specialist for immediate hire. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience level, and overall compensation includes medical benefits.
Summary About the Position
The Technical Writing & Production Specialist duties include writing and editing, particularly around healthcare research and evidence-informed interventions, as well as leading production management support and oversight across client projects.
Writing and Communication Activities:
- Provide health and technical communications writing, editing, and proofreading of internal and client deliverables.
- Research topics of interest to clients and their constituents, including interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs) in a variety of fields and using research findings to guide development of strategies and/or content.
- Conduct research synthesis to inform content and product development.
- Write training and technical assistance (TA) materials, as well as other instructional guides and tools, such as evidence-informed intervention products.
- Support the growth of Impact’s healthcare, research synthesis, and dissemination portfolio.
- Support communications and dissemination strategy.
- Liaison and strategize with communications and digital marketing staff, graphic and
web designers, programmers, photographers/videographers/animators, subcontractors,
freelancers, and clients in support of deliverable and project execution.
- Readily involved in production management support, including tracking deliverables and metrics across Impact’s contracts.
- Supporting staff in meeting key production and contract deadlines.
- Working closely with managing director to build out projections of staff time and tracking client expenditures.
- Master’s degree required (MA in English, journalism, or similar field with experience working in public health or MPH with strong writing skills)
- 10+ years of experience
- Highly knowledgeable about project management software systems (experience with Asana preferred; PMP preferred)
- Experience developing communications and training materials for public health audiences (experience with HIV strongly preferred)
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and clients while still meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Trustworthy team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to various client style guides.
- Federal contracting experience preferred. Experience working on projects for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) a plus.
**Technical writers without significant production management and project management experience need not apply. Production and project management will be an integral part of this position.**
Place of Performance
- Impact Marketing + Communications has offices in Silver Spring, MD and in Albany, NY. This position may be based in either location with 3 days telework. Currently, however, this is a remote position given COVID-19.
- Note: For the right candidate, we may consider a fully remote position with occasional travel.
To Apply: Candidates should email a resume, a one-page cover letter, and a technical writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Writing & Production Specialist”. Resume and/or cover letter should speak directly to qualifications outlined in this job ad, including any experience or training with production management systems.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all job applications; however, if we are interested in your application, we will follow up with you via email. No phone calls please.